Monday 10 January 2011

Conquering the fear...

So in my last post I mentioned that I was going to post my 'before' photos. Well, despite peeing my pants with scaredness, I'm gonna do it. I don't know what the big deal is, I mean I walk around every day and any one can see what I look like. But some how this is really quite daunting.

I guess when you're just going about your normal life, you kind of forget about your body, sort of. You can cover up the bits you don't like, or chuck on a big baggy jumper and pretend it doesn't exist. But taking photos of yourself in skimpy clothes that reveal all the lumps and bumps and don't allow you to hide... well, its just plain scary! Add that to the fact I'm posting them online and potentially leaving myself wide open to abuse from anyone who comes across them - ARGH!

However, despite all of that I'm going to do it. I see this as an important part of my shrinking process, as it will allow me to really see the difference in my body as the weight comes off. Sometimes it can be hard to acknowledge the progress you've made as you're still the same fat person when you look in the mirror. Hopefully, these photos will counterbalance that.






Vital stats on photo day...
Weight: 19st 10lb
Height: 5' 10"
Goal Weight: 12st
Weight Lost: 0

So there we are, that's me, warts and all. I can't wait to be able to see my waist and for my stomach to be smaller than my boobs! The official eating plan starts on Jan 16th so in just over a week - wish me luck!

2 comments: