Sunday 23 January 2011

Halfway through week 1...

So I've been on the new eating plan for the past four days. Its been easier than I was expecting, although not easy. I keep trying to think about how great it will feel on weigh-in day (Wednesday) to see that I've stuck with it and lost some weight. Every now and then I get wee, niggly thoughts telling me that I want to go to KFC or have a sandwich or something, but then I try and counter those thoughts with all the good things that weight loss will bring. I thought I'd share some of those things with you here :)

Photo by D Sharon Pruitt, via Flickr

Feeling healthier and more full of energy
Less joint pain and crunchy knees
Being able to cross my legs properly when I sit
Being able to make pillowcase dresses
Shopping for clothes will be fun and not make me cry
Being able to buy clothes from vintage shops and charity shops
Wearing cute little tea dresses and bright coloured tights
Dancing without feeling like a huge, wobbly mess
Being able to sit comfortably in chairs and not worry about bulgey bits spilling everywhere
Being able to wear rings and jewellery that don't fit me anymore :(
Not being petrified of cameras and having my photo taken anymore
My work T-shirts fitting again
Feeling able to try things like rock climbing and pole fitness
Just generally feeling more happy and confident and healthy

I'm sure there are other things, and I will make a point of writing about them here to keep myself motivated. What keeps you motivated and on track when you find things difficult?

Sah x

2 comments:

  1. Really good post, very true- Being big holds me back so much... What keeps me motivated is that every time I feel like I want to eat I think about how much that food is going to set me back. I've been big now for 10 years- that's a decade of not being able to do what I want and being made to feel like crap by half the world. We are going to do it this time Sah... No other plan works like this and we ARE going to be success stories. When you feel like eating- get angry with yourself and say outloud 'I don't need you, you don't rule me'. Good luck and stick with it no matter what..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Helen! Best of luck to you, you're right - we will do it!! :D x

    ReplyDelete